I love this quote from Henry Ford - "Time waste differs from material waste in that there can be no salvage. The easiest of all wastes and the hardest to correct is the waste of time, because wasted time does not litter the floor like wasted material."
In my experience, the top time wasters in training sessions are:
- Setup time – for projector, accessories, etc.
- Trainees show up without completing prerequisites. Need to allow them time to catch up.
- Training discussions hijacked by ramblers – leading the discussion astray.
- One student who is exceptionally slow in understanding.
- Internet connection issues – for remote/web-based classes.