Click here for a list of webpages related to corporate training

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Don’t express to impress


One of the training sessions I attended while in college made a tremendous impression on me. The session was conducted by a leading communication skills trainer. He taught me something that immediately created a paradigm shift in me that has stayed in my mind ever since.  And this was: Never express to impress

Don’t worry about how to impress your audience. Make sure you have something worth their while to tell them, and then tell it without any hesitation or inhibition. Simple but awesome piece of advice. If you don’t have anything worth your audience’s time, don’t waste everybody’s time by making the presentation in the first place. Honesty is indeed the best labor saving device in the universe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment